EnergyLogic Energy Use Guarantee
All claims must be submitted within 90 days of when the home’s two-year coverage period expires.
EnergyLogic is no longer selling our Energy Use Guarantee, but selling a new product to be unveiled soon.
How are the heating and cooling amounts calculated?
For the purposes of the paying a guarantee claim, we’ve developed a simple
calculator to assist with determining your heating and cooling loads.
Click here to enter 12 months of bills.
- Result is your heating and cooling energy (therms & kWH). If you want to
check this manually, we use standard industry practice to calculate the heating
and cooling portions of your bill as follows:
- Take the three lowest months for each area; add them up.
- Divide that number by 3. That gives us an average monthly energy use
when there is almost no heating or cooling. We call this the “base load”
or the part of your bill for everything other than heating & cooling.
- Multiply that number by 12. This gives us the annual base load.
- Subtract that number from your total annual bill. That gives us the
annual heating and cooling portion.
|Heating:||Total of lowest three months: 24 + 28 + 25 = 77 therms Average monthly base load: 77/3 = 25.7 therms/mo
Estimated annual base load: 25.7 terms/mo x 12 mo = 308 therms
Calculated heating load: Total use – base load = 1220 – 308 = 912 therms
|Cooling:|| Total of lowest three months: 757 + 796 + 660 = 2213 kWH
Average monthly base load: 2213/3 = 737.7 kWH
Estimated annual base load: 737.7 kWH/mo x 12 mo = 8853 kWH
Calculated cooling load = Total use – base load = 11585 – 8853 = 2732 kWH
What if my energy usage is over the estimated amounts, how do I make a claim?
You can check yourself to determine if your usage is over the estimated amounts
using this calculator.
If you think your bills are in excess of the guarantee, submit any claims in
writing, with copies of monthly energy billing information, within 30 days of
the end of each annual period of the guarantee. Send to:
Energy Use Guarantee
PO Box N
Berthoud, CO 80513
Failure to submit all bills from the claim period will potentially void your claim.
- In the event that the home exceeds the Guaranteed Energy Use, EnergyLogic will
pay the homeowner the difference between Guaranteed Energy Use and actual energy
use for the Guarantee Period, provided none of the homeowner’s responsibilities
were violated and all other conditions were fulfilled.
- For purposes of payment on guarantee claims, payment will be based on the
average actual utility prices for the claim period.
- EnergyLogic reserves the right to conduct inspections in order to determine
the cause of the elevated energy consumption and may or may not develop a report
with recommendations for repairs and/or modifications in order to reduce energy
consumption below predicted values. Failure to allow such an inspection shall
also be grounds for voiding the claim.
- Claim periods last no longer than 90 days after the last day of the two year warranty.